IMPORTANT DATES FOR INCOMING MEMBERS
Why Join All Saints…
At All Saints we place a high emphasis on membership. In a local church body, membership is first and foremost an acknowledgment of our own sin and need for Christ, and resting upon him for salvation. Beyond that, it is a commitment to a particular branch of His body to establish community where we grow, struggle, and live life together with honesty and freedom. We invite you to grow in grace along with us as we seek to live as the body of Christ in Austin for the world through worship, spiritual formation, and service.
All About All Saints…
“All About All Saints” is a 4 week class taught by our pastors about reformed theological tradition, the basics of Christian orthodoxy, and particulars of the worship, life, and mission of All Saints. Each week covers different material, so plan to attend each class if you’re pursuing membership. Even if you’re not pursuing membership this is a great way to learn more about All Saints and a great time to candidly ask any questions you have.
SPRING 2014 | 2 CLASS OPTIONS
Option 1: AAAS will be held immediately following morning worship at St. Gabriel’s with lunch and childcare provided.
Option 2: AAAS will be held immediately following evening worship at Park Hills with dinner and childcare provided.
How to Join All Saints…
1. Attend All Saints for at least 6 months. This can include time during the membership process.
2. Take the “All About All Saints” class. See below for details.
3. Complete and turn in the Membership Preparation Packet. Click here to download.
4. Schedule a membership interview with a pastor or elder. Online sign-up sheet will be provided.
5. Take public vows before the church. This takes place during worship on Sunday, April 13, 2014.
How do I prepare for membership?
How often does “All About All Saints” take place?
When am I officially a member?
What are the public vows I take before the church?
You’ll be asked to answer these 5 membership questions:
Do I have to join if I take the membership class?
What if I’m only in Austin for a short time and want to retain membership in my home church?