WHERE DO I GO?
- St. Gabriel’s 9:15 AM Sunday School & 10:30 AM service: After entering the main entrance the children’s hall is located to the far right.
- Park Hills 5:00 PM service: Located at the end of the Narthex to the right.
Children ages 0-4
have the option of care throughout the service.
Children PK-2nd grade begin the service with their families. They are dismissed at the passing of peace for Small Saints, an age-appropriate Bible Lesson and activity, and are returned at the conclusion of the sermon.
- Be greeted by someone at the Children’s visitor station
- Children are placed in a specific class according to their age or the developmental stage.
- Allergies will be noted, and children will receive a name tag
- Parents will receive a Claim Check for each child; this tag is a safety measure that ensures only parents or authorized persons can retrieve them.
- If a child has difficulty being separated and is inconsolable for more than 5-10 minutes, parents will receive a text on their mobile phones.
- After the sermon (indicated in the liturgy) parents can choose to gather their children to rejoin them for blessing and communion, or children can stay in the care until the conclusion of the service.
WHAT WILL THEY DO?
- Sunday School: A lesson, play time, singing
- Children’s Church : Music Time, A bible lesson, Snacks: Pepperidge Farm Goldfish, Cheerios, and water are offered
- Small Saints: During the adult sermon, is a sermon contextualized for children ages Pre-K-2nd grade, in the children’s hall. Children can attend this and either return to adult service or to children’s church.
WHO TAKES CARE OF MY CHILD?
- Sunday School teachers are members of the church and are consistent through the semester. View here.
- Children’s Church teachers are members. They are assisted by paid nannies who do diaper changes and assist with care.
- For very young children All Saints hires a professional company called Mom’s Best Friend, and professional nannies who undergo background checks.
WHAT IS: Sunday School, Children’s Church, Small Saints?
- Sunday School | 9:15am -10:15am | Pre-K – 5th grade | September 8 – November 17 | Only at Saint Gabriel’s
Bible lessons before church service begins. Adults can also take Christian Education Classes at the same time. Children have consistent Teachers.
- Children’s Church | During the worship service | Toddler – Pre K
Includes: Bible story, snack, musician visit, and playground time
- Small Saints | During the Sermon | Pre K – 2nd grade
Includes: music time, a Bible story and application. Children may make their way during the passing of peace and return to the sanctuary for the conclusion of worship.
Kingdom Kids | Wednesdays | Cancelled for spring with hopes to resume in the future
SPROUTS, SEEDS, BUDS, ROOTS and PATHWAYS….
These are the names of the classes for children according to their age or developmental stage. Each color represents a certain age. Classes are by birthdays.
INFANTS -RUNNERS – SPROUTS
Infants & Crawlers-Orange Sprouts
BORN Sept 2009 – Aug 2011 – SEEDLINGS
Born Feb. 2011 – Aug. 2011 – Red Seedlings
Born Sept. 2010 – Jan. 2011 -Orange Seedlings
Born May 2010 – Aug. 2010 -Yellow Seedlings
Born Sept. 2009 – April 2010 -Green Seedlings
Pre-K – 1st Grade – BUDS
Pre-K – Red Buds
Kinder-1st- Orange Buds
2nd-5th grade – ROOTS
2nd-3rd grade-Red Roots
4th-5th grade-Orange Roots
Younger Children (under age 4) may attend Children’s Church
Pre-K and Early Elementary (Pre-K through 2nd grade) may attend Small Saints in room 138 during the sermon
Older Elementary (3rd – 5th) may sit with parents during the entire service
Second Sundays All elementary children are welcome to learn about the elements of the liturgy of All Saints in room 138 during the sermon
PATHWAYS (3rd-5th grade) | Monthly, starting in September
All 3rd-5th graders are invited to monthly fellowship group. Stay tuned for upcoming activities!
Pathways Christmas Party (3-5 grade) | Sunday, December 15 | 2:30 PM – 4:30 PM
For more information contact the Noells, or the Bibbs.