Here are the details:
WHO: All children entering grades 3 through 6
WHAT: Genesis and the gospel, based on the Long Story Short curriculum
WHEN: 1st and 3rd Sundays of the month, 3:30-5:00
WHERE: Park Hills Baptist Church, 900 S Mopac Expy, Austin, TX 78746
WHY: Hebrews 10:24-25 says: And let us consider how to stir up one another to love and good works, not neglecting to meet together, as is the habit of some, but encouraging one another, and all the more as you see the Day drawing near.
So what can you do?
1) Bring your kids! Encourage them to work through their study books, and to find chapter and verse when they need help. Help them to know and grow in relationship with their All Saints peers.
2) Bring a snack! We’ll have a sign-up sheet. Simple and easy, or fancy and fluffy…whatever makes you happy. Gathering together with food has always been one of All Saints’ priorities, to encourage hospitality and relationship. What’s better than cookies or pretzels and juice boxes? Look for a sign-up sheet, soon.
3) Bring your friends! We want to be a place where neighborhood and school friends can come and receive the love of Jesus and learn about him. All are welcome.
4) Love our leaders! Get to know them, invite them over for lunch, help them to love your kids.
5) Pray! For the work of the Holy Spirit in connecting these children to each other and to the Lord. For the beginnings of a lifestyle of fellowship and study. For the many kids whom the Lord has placed at All Saints. For newcomers looking for a place to belong.
Director of Community Life & Children’s Ministries